Thursday, March 11, 2021

Feeling comfortable with uncomfortable emotions!


Feeling comfortable with uncomfortable emotions!

Knowledge, motivation, commitment, patience, perseverance and a variety of abilities are necessary to deal with low frequency emotions and release them.

The ability to feel comfortable is one of the important ones to release low frequency emotions, to let them go and in course of time dissolve them.

A very effective way to cultivate this ability is to contemplate the following questions.

Ask your self, every time a difficult emotion is hooked in you:

Could I let it be and be with it fully?
Could I let it be as it is?
Could I let it be as it is without being bothered by it?
Could I feel it fully?
Could I feel love for it?
Could I live with it for my whole life without being annoyed by it?
Could I let it be here for ever without feeling bad?
What is my benefit by resisting, complaining, feeling annoyed or angy with it?
Does this feeling prevents me of being aware that I am?
Does this feeling affects or disturbs the peace and the wellness I am?
Does this emotion prevents me of experiencing the peace and the wellness I am?

To cultivate acceptance and feel comfortable  you can practise some or all of those enquires until to find those that work better for you. Then focus on practicing them.

However to attend our emotions consciously and feel comfortable with them is fundamental being as deeply as possible in contact with the silent space within and not identify with them. 

We can use a variety of methods to deepen in the silence within the very moment an emotion is manifested. 

Nevertheless, our capacity to abide firmly and deeply in the silent presence within develops by: 

1. practicing regularly twice a day (morning and evening) meditation and/or Self-enquiry, 
2. practicing Mindfulness and Self-awareness throughout the day,
3. purifying our mind and heart
4. developing the sattvic qualities such as love, compassion, tolerance, self-estime, acceptance, kindness, patience, discernment, detachment, clarity.
4. increasing systematically the sattva quality in the mind through various practices
5. living a sattvic life-style.